Friday, July 10, 2009

When I am Old, I Shall Wear Purple...When I am Young I'll say things like, "but I don't HAVE wrinkles"....

During this class, McGoo gave a demonstration of how to correctly apply stage make-up. He gave some wonderful tips on removing it as well (Dawn dishwashing liquid...who knew?!).

Here, McGoo is demonstrating how to use makeup to make even these youthful cherubs look old. Alyx is a good sport and volunteered to grow old gracefully before our eyes.


By using the natural wrinkles and crinkles in our face (for example, scrunching up one's face to create laugh lines) and then dabbing those creases with makeup, actors can create the appearance of wrinkles.


Direct quote by McGoo: "Now I know what you're saying....ewwwwww....use dishwashing liquid on my face?" I think he nailed the "ewwwww" part, don't you? I couldn't help but think of Mr. Clean here. You be the judge. McGoo has a wonderful sense of humor, so I'm sure he won't mind the poking fun part...after all, this is coming from the person who didn't make the connection about Sr. Mary Annette...I'm still getting teased.


The toolbox. Literally.


McGoo said that unless a very specialized costume was indicated, all the effects he demonstrated could be done with make up purchased at the local store.


Nicky puts on the base...so serious...


Jayme gets some advice on her base and blending it in with her hairline...

Trey starts to wrinkle himself...


Dane gives Lacy some feedback on smoothing the makeup to create an even skin tone...


Well, um...I'm not quite sure what to say...other than the three guys look strangely similar to the cartoons behind them...haha.


All work and no play makes Sarah a dull gal...Nicky helped liven up her cheeks a bit...


Kyler looking ancient.

Dane and Jenna share a laugh...


Oh yeah...the special effects segment of the class! Here McGoo gave suggestions on how to create realistic scars for your next Zombie Prom. I feel a party coming on...


The wonders of latex. McGoo demonstrated how to apply latex in order to create oozing sores, peeling skin, and a variety of other wonderful atrocities...


Trey said something really funny here...


Ewwww.... Wynston...don't get too close to that stove! I have a feeling there will be some latex in the tool box for the students soon...


Favorite quotes of the day:
"But I can't find any wrinkles!"
"I DO NOT want to get old."
"I look disgusting (peering at wrinkles in mirror)."

Hey, Madman...pass me the Geritol....

No comments:

Post a Comment